Finding solutions to ag plastics and welcoming youth to the table
March 08, 2022
Alberta Beef Producers
To start off Episode 3, host Debra Murphy begins by acknowledging international events.
- How do we get more youth involved in committees and boards? Cattlemen's Young Leader graduate and past Young Cattlemen's Council representative Brodie Haugan reflects on his eight years with Alberta Beef Producers.
In a surprising turn of events, interviewee becomes interviewer.
- Brodie Haugan takes the host chair to welcome a past delegate and farmer, Assar Grinde, to talk about ag plastics in the province.
- What does it look like to prepare ag plastics for recycling? Hear from:
- General Manager of Kasko Cattle Company, Ryan Kasko, on their involvement in a pilot project in Lethbridge County.
- Cleanfarms' Davin Johnson on some of the specifics around cleaning plastics, and what the pilot compactor looks like.
If you're interested in checking out the options in your area, you can call your local agricultural fieldman. Also check out aprg.ca and cleanfarms.ca.
You can also find newsletters from APRG and Cleanfarms on ABP Daily.
Have ideas for future shows? Drop us a note, on social media or via email.
ABP Daily | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Email
Lethbridge County Silage Pit Plastic Pilot